Sunday, May 3, 2009

Make the time...

Tonight I talked to my students about the importance of simplifying your life.  I think the toughest part about preaching the message was that in taking an honest evaluation of my life, I felt a sense of guilt because my life is not one that you could look at and characterize as simple.  My life is...not so much complicated as it is busy.  I have allowed chaos to reign supreme in my life for way too long.

Often I tell people that my priorities are as follows:

1.) God
2.) Family
3.) Ministry

However, in taking an honest evaluation of my life and where I spend my time, it is VERY easy to see that my priorities are NOT what I say/want them to be.  Way too often, ministry leap frog's my family and takes the second place position...even sometimes the first place position.

Gone are those day for me, though.  It's time for me to put my time where my mouth is.  I want to be able to look at my life and see that my time make an honest reflection of what is most important to me.  Starting tonight...I'm making the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment