Monday, June 22, 2009

Being a father

This time last year, I didn't really know what it meant to be a father. Sure, my little girl had already been born, however, she was just 20 days old. I was definitely a father but as each day has passed since then and I have had the privilege of watching my little one learn and grow...I'll be quite honest, it scares the crap out of me!

When we left for CIY last Monday, she couldn't stand up on her own and wouldn't take more than about 6 steps before she would fall down. When we picked her up on Saturday, she was standing herself up and walking/running all over the place. How did all of this happen in just a weeks time?

I know that there is still so much for her to learn. Soon she is going to be talking and soaking in every single thing that I say and do. On the one hand, I'm looking forward to it. On the other, again, it scares me to death.

Not having a dad growing up, I don't really have the best example to draw from. I just have to do my best with what I DO know and let God take care of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment