Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Change In Perspective

All too often, I can get wrapped up in to my own little world at work and lose perspective of everything that is great going on outside of my little office. Yesterday brought about a change in perspective for me.

I was sitting at home eating lunch when I got the call. My wife was on the other end and she was hysterical. She proceeded to tell me that my little girl had a seizure yet again. She had been fine all morning but had jumped as if she were scared while she was sitting at lunch. After that, she was very lethargic and unattentive. 911 was called and Lily once again got an ambulance ride to the ER.

Once she was there, they poked, prodded and jabbed her little body over and over trying to find out what might be wrong with her. They seem to believe that the two seizures that she has had now are a result of a spike in a fever that she had. This one came as a surprise to us as she had not been sick.

As all of this went on, I just kept thinking to myself how thankful I was that she was still alive. When you get a phone call saying that your little girl has just had a seizure, all of these different thoughts raced through my head. I couldn't imagine my life without her nor do I want to.

Thanks be to God that He kept His love arms around her the whole time and now she is home resting with her mommy on the couch watching cartoons :).

No comments:

Post a Comment