Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Book Review: Choosing To Cheat

Andy Stanley writes an INCREDIBLE book about keeping our families the #2 priority in our lives.  Assuming that God is #1 in your life, we have a tendency to put other things in the #2 spot in our lives when that was never God's intention.  Stanley challenges to go to the utmost extremes in making sure that our families not only know that they are #2, but that they truly see that they are #2 by the amount of time that we spend with them.

This book couldn't have come for me at a better time.  I was already at a point in my life where I was feeling the pull between my career and my job.  This book landed in my lap as a result of a men's leadership group that I am a part of and I am so thankful that it did.

Maybe the most important question (and also probably the most difficult) that was asked: (Ask your spouse) What is one thing you would change about my schedule?  I dare you to ask your spouse that question and then be prepared to change whatever they suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment