Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What books have had an affect on your life?

This weekend we are talking about the spiritual discipline of Bible study.  I am opening up the message talking about books (other than the Bible) that have had a dramatic affect on my life; and not just spiritually.  Which raised this question: What books have truly had a dramatic affect on MY life?

[Here on mine, but not in any specific order]

1.      Never The Same – By: Steven James – This book was incredible for me because it made the stories of Jesus’ life and His ministry really make sense.  Before, I thought they were just some cool stories.  This book helped me grow closer to God and to deepen my faith.

2.      Living a Life That Matters – By: Mark Matlock – The book is written entirely on the life of Solomon and his pursuit of all that the world has to offer.  With each encounter, Solomon claimed that the things of this world are “Meaningless.”

3.      Enjoy the Silence – By: Maggie & Duffy Robbins – This book was a 30 day experiment in learning how to listen to God.  My life got flipped upside down the summer of 2007…and this book was where it all began.

4.   I Can’t Accept Not Trying – By: Michael Jordan – This book may be the only book that I pick up and read every year.  It is written entirely by Michael Jordan and he shares some of his successes and failures in his pursuit of excellence…but not just on the basketball court, but in every aspect of his life.

What are your books?

No comments:

Post a Comment